Friday, February 10, 2017

birthday girl

My birthday fell on a Friday this year.  And since I normally only work a half day on Fridays, I decided to treat myself to a day off.  "Like a National holiday" said Eddy.  :)  Why not?  And it was a great day!  The kids remembered, for the first time, without any reminding on the day of that it was my birthday, and they crawled into bed with me to shower me with hugs and kisses.  Good start to the day.  Then I dropped them both at school, and I exercised.  A lot.  And it felt great.  After school my friend Laura, who also happens to have the same birthday as I do, and I met at the park so our kids could run around and we could enjoy the sunshine on our faces.    
Later that evening, my parents and Cristen met up with us at our local Benihana type restaurant to check out the scene -- the kids loved the show.  We all did actually.  
A good day, surrounded by some good people.  What more can one ask for her on her birthday?  
the huge fishtank that greeted us in the restaurant 

chopstick noodle style 

KK giving the chopsticks a go
 My sweet mama made creampuffs for us, instead of cake.  And Eddy serenaded me with Happy Birthday (the only song he can play) on the guitar.  Feeling so blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment