 |
| so excited to get in there and see what it's all about! |
This was the highlight of our trip down south for 1 member of this family. I'll let you guess who. The rest of us enjoyed it, but I won't lie, Disneyland is WAY better. But it was a fun day, everything went smoothly, there were no tantrums, and we were all exhausted by the end. A win win for us all. I'll let the pictures do the talking…
 |
| a huge pumpkin made entirely of Legos. pretty cool. |
Miss Kaitlyn was a bit small to participate in many of the rides -- but she rode on the fairy land boat ride, which was super fun for her, and she LOVED saying hi to all the Lego statues throughout. So luckily she didn't care too much. And there was also a really really great playground for kids of all ages, where I think our kids might have spent the entire day if we let them. That was an unexpected bonus. A welcome change for some free play after a morning of waiting and walking and behaving.
 |
| a man powered ride -- pretty cool, they had to pedal with their feet the whole time. |
 |
| Ryan did so much better driving this year compared to his attempt at Autopia in Disneyland last year. He's grown so much this year! |
 |
| I think this was my favorite lego statue |
 |
| a Kaitlyn sized friend |
All of us REALLY enjoyed exploring MiniLand. It was incredible -- replicas of NYC, DC, New Orleans and Las Vegas, all made out of Legos. The detail is unbelievable. Ryan didn't want to leave this area. Neither did the rest of us.
 |
| a marching band of Lego men in front of the Capital. The pieces actually moved! |
 |
| Mardi Gras on Bourbon St, Lego style |
 |
| NYC was our favorite. |
 |
| wiped! Heading back to the hotel. |
We broke from our usual, avoid the gift shop type attitude, and splurged on the kiddos at the end of the day. Legos are the one toy that I don't mind spending a bit of money on, because I know they will last. Proof -- my mom still has all of my brother's Legos from when he was a kid. So I think of this as an investment for our future grandkids. Ha!
That evening back at the hotel….
 |
| SO excited about his new Coast Guard helicopter |
 |
| K and her first set of her very own Legos -- a cupcake set |
And the next morning, before we left for the long drive home….we took one last dip in the hotel pool.
Thanks for the fun SoCal!!
No comments:
Post a Comment