Thursday, April 4, 2013

monster

We've given our daughter a new name in this house.  At times it's "tornado", but usually it's "the Kaitlyn monster".  As in, "watch out, here comes the Kaitlyn monster!".  That's right, she's crawling.  And from the minute she figured that out, she wants nothing to do with being held.  And wants everything to do with exploring her surroundings.  Especially big brother's toys.  Which he loves, as I'm sure you can imagine.
And it seems like crawling and pulling up to standing have gone hand in hand with this little one.  I've forgotten just how dangerous this stage can be, and how little time I have to get anything done anymore (not that I had much before this!), in that I have to be constantly on alert in order to make sure Kaitlyn survives the day with only a few minor bruises instead of major injuries.

the Kaitlyn monster in full destruction mode


As for other new developments around here....Kaitlyn's first bath in the big tub, made way more fun by having big brother join her.  It was so much fun to watch these two.

And I recently made the switch from infant car seat in the double BOB, to letting this little girl look out,when we go for a run.  She loves it.  Ryan loves it.  It's a win win.  Now if only I could figure out how to make their combined weight a little less so I wouldn't have to work so hard up those hills in our neighborhood...

No comments:

Post a Comment