Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Birthdays and new sports

 A few weeks back I had a birthday.  Not a milestone year or anything, and midweek, so it wasn't all that exciting of a day.  In fact, I spent the morning at the doctor with Kaitlyn to make sure she didn't have an ear infection (which she didn't, just a really bad head cold).  But then I got to go running, and it was sunny, and the kids were nice.  So all in all it was a good day!  Eddy brought home cupcakes for me, which was yummy, until Kaitlyn leaned too far over the candles and heated up her cheek a bit.  That's why she looks terrified in the picture below.  Thankfully she was fine, just scared.  
Thanks for making me feel loved guys! 


The weekend before my birthday, I got the chance to go out to dinner with some girlfriends at one of our favorite local restaurants, the Bull Valley Roadhouse in Port Costa.  It's so very yummy.  Such a treat.  
myself, Claudia, and Laura -- all three of us celebrating birthdays in the next 2 weeks
birthday twins!  I haven't known many people in my life that share my birthday...but when my friend Laura and I met last year, we knew we were meant to be friends when we discovered we shared the same special day.  And since we have kids the same age -- we figured why not celebrate our midweek birthdays together...at the local pizza shack.  Nice photo bomb Ryan! :)
 We were supposed to spend my birthday weekend in Tahoe, skiing and playing in the snow.  But Kaitlyn's head cold, and Ryan and my stomach bug (thankfully short lasting, but still), and bad weather, prevented us from going up.  Instead we sat home and sulked all weekend.  Ok, not really, but we were really bummed. 

But exactly one week after my birthday, we helped Cristen celebrate her birthday, with a fabulous homemade meal and of course some dessert and candles.  The kids loved having her here to sing and eat brownies and ice cream. 
Happy Birthday to Cristen!
On another note, the kids have picked up some new activities lately.  
Kaitlyn, is still doing dance, but has now added gymnastics into the weekly mix.  She doesn't remember going to this gym as a toddler, so it's exciting and new to her now.  She seems to be enjoying it.  



And Ryan started climbing club at a local rock gym.  It's 2 hours of fun, once a week.  He's doing it with a few buddies, and they seem to love it.  I mean, who wouldn't?  
Ryan walking on the slack line 
there he goes 
he made it farther up, but didn't want to turn and smile while up that high

getting some instructions from teacher Jax (that's really his name -- I mean, is that a perfect climbing instructor name or what?!?)
Ryan and his buddy Casen


No comments:

Post a Comment