This has been somewhat of a big week around here.
First things first....little Miss KGB (yes, we knew those were her initials when we named her, and we named her that anyway) hit the 5 week mark earlier this week. And on that day, we got the official first smile. And I captured one of the first smiles on camera. So cute!
I keep looking back at pictures of Ry at similar ages to see if they look alike. I think there are some definite similarities, but some differences as well. Here is a shot of Ryan around 5 weeks old...decide for yourself.
| Not the most flattering shot of Eddy, but I couldn't resist. Love Kaitlyn and Ryan's expressions in this shot! |
Now, the other reason for this being a big week.....
Ryan is officially potty trained! We started Sunday morning, after getting back from Tahoe on Saturday evening. He is scheduled to start preschool after Labor Day, and he needs to be potty trained to do so, so I figured it was go time. I was kinda dreading it, knowing how stubborn my boy can be especially when it comes to things I am asking him to do. But, this turned out pretty great. It basically took about 1 1/2 days, and he had it. Not to say there won't be accidents down the road, and I'm sure we'll hit more moments of frustration, but he has the basics down. He even looks at me and says "I have to go pee mommy, don't come with me" -- with his hand up in the air as if to say stop right there, I can do this by myself. I am so proud of this little guy!!
![]() |
| yay for the big boy undies! |
| me and my 2 partners in crime |

Miss you and your cute fam!! Sounds like quite a summer!!
ReplyDelete