Sunday, July 15, 2012

summer pics

No, you did not miss out on any news.  We are still waiting for the little miss to arrive.  This has been the longest week of my life.  I will be induced at some point this week if she doesn't make progress on her own very soon.  Recent conversations in our house...
Me: "Where is your baby sister Ryan?"
Ry: "In your tummy"
Me: "Why isn't she coming out to meet us?"
Ry: "She's taking her time mama"

Hmmmm, wise beyond his years.  

So, here's what we've been up to while continuing the waiting game.
our 3rd annual making Apricot Jam with Nanny

We've been doing a LOT of walking around the 'hood, and Ryan will spend at least 1/2 of that walk on his bike while I push an empty stroller.  It's a win win for both of us...pushing an empty stroller is way better than pushing one with him in it while 41 weeks pregnant, and Ry loves to burn off some energy. He's getting better and better at stopping at intersections, looking both ways, and not getting too far ahead of me.  Good thing our neighborhood doesn't get too much car traffic mid day!
and he's off!
I even let him ride the hills on the outskirts of the golf course, his favorite part of our loop
he does put his feet up on the bars, I just can't ever manage to get a photo of it
swimming at Nanny and Dzia Dzia's pool 
 We headed up to Old Town Sacramento yesterday to check out the Railroad Museum.  A pretty impressive collection of real train cars, that of course were amazing for every little boy in the place.  And then the toy train area on the 2nd floor was even better.  A nice little day trip, what better way to kill time?



in awe of the electric train city
we just had to get some mini-donuts after the museum
Side note: it is true that I love this kid in the color orange, but I promise he does wear other things besides orange t-shirts!  I just happened to only have the camera out on the days when he was wearing the same color.

1 comment:

  1. We'll have to plan out next trip to the train museum together! We've been talking about going, even taking the train from Davis! And yes, definitely was checking the blog to see if I missed any news! Sorry kel. :( she'll be here soon if not already!

    ReplyDelete