Yesterday was a great day, and I felt truly loved for the job that I do. Our day started with fresh strawberry crepes (or "cancakes" as Ryan called them) made by my wonderful husband. Topped with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, to which Ryan couldn't get enough of...both putting the sugar on and eating it..."I like sugar" he says with a mouthful. Yes, I'll bet you do buddy. Then Ryan asked if he could help me open my presents, and asked me "Are you going to share your presents with your friends, mommy?" To which I said not this time, as Eddy treated me to a Kindle....thought I'd see what all the hype is about.
After breakfast we headed out, thinking we would take advantage of this beautiful area that we live in. But, the 90 degree days we were having last week were long gone, and we woke up to a blanket of fog. We drove into the city anyway, thinking it might burn off. Sadly, it did not. We spent about 15 minutes at Crissy Field on the beach, enjoying the lovely view of the Golden Gate, before we decided to pack it in and off we drove in search of some sun.
The sun was a bit hard to come by that whole morning, so instead we gave up and met up with Eddy's family for a nice Mother's Day brunch at the Boiler Room in Richmond. A gorgeous setting right on the water, watching the boats go by. Not a bad way to pass the time.
The rest of the day was filled with nap time (for both Eddy and Ryan) while I figured out how to use my Kindle, and then Eddy cooked a great dinner for us at home. All in all, a great Sunday. Thanks to my family for making me feel so loved!

No comments:
Post a Comment