Last week I was out of town for 4 days. I flew down to New Orleans for a conference for work. Although a bit anxious to leave Ryan for that time, I was also very much looking forward to a mini-vacay from mom life and excited about using my brain for a few days. And above all, I was
very excited to catch up with some of my good friends from grad school in Boston. So off I went. And it was a great trip. Great to get out of town. Great to go running in a new city, with new things to look at. Great to learn a few things and to be inspired about work again. Great to spend time with some very important people in my life. And
really great to come home again, to my two boys whom I love very much. Eddy and Ryan did really well at home without me around, in fact I think they really enjoyed the time for male bonding. But the sweetest part of my weekend was the hug that Ryan gave me when he first saw me...it lasted for about 3 days...really, he held on super tight and it was a chore to get him to let go, every time, for about 3 days. Not that I'm complaining.
There's just something about leaving, that makes you truly appreciate where you come from. Lucky girl I am. Lucky lucky girl.
And since my husband is not as obsessed about taking pictures of daily life, I don't have any photos to share of their boy time while I was gone. But here's a pic from my trip....
Great seeing you Katie, Stoo, and Cristen! Til next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment