In the last few days....
- Ryan's fever lasted 48 hours, and then he broke out in a rash that looked just like a mild case of the measles, and is finally (5 days later) starting to act like himself again.
- Ryan sprouted 2 new teeth, which I think are his first molars. It has not been very fun.
- Eddy had an incident with a motorscooter, that ended with him face down on the pavement in the middle of Berkeley on his way to the Cal game, luckily with nothing more than a few scrapes and a painful hand. So he sat through the game with his hand in a bucket of ice (a true fan he is!), and the next day decided it was painful enough to get an xray to make sure nothing really bad had happened. Which was true, nothing really bad had happened. But it still hurts, only now he gets to wear a wrist splint and get sympathy points from anyone who will give them.
- I had to work the weekend in the hospital. So although not really bad, it was a beautiful weekend that I spent indoors. To me, that's bad.
On a happier note...
- Ryan is starting to show some serious interest in feeding himself with a spoon. Not sure how ready I am for that to happen, as I'm anticipating great messes and really not wanting to have to do a bath 3 times per day
- He is also showing big interest in drinking from a real cup. It started with the cups in his bath, full of bathwater. Today I let him hold the cup by himself in the kitchen and 80% of the water ended up on the kitchen table, himself, and me. But we're working on it.
- He is becoming a big fan of stacking things, and putting things inside other things (such as his sandwich bites go inside the lid on his sippy cup, his arm goes inside the rings in his bath toys, etc). And his favorite is trying to hold as many things in each hand at one time.
- He has not been willing to really spit out the words and just start talking yet, although over the last few days he has definitely been repeating things we have said. He will hold the phone up to his ear and say "aye", and this morning he looked me straight in the eye and repeated what I had just asked him..."poopy?". So I think we're close.
Needless to say we haven't done very many fun things recently, but here are a few pictures from the week.
A lesson in climbing...
 |
| love these overalls |
 |
| an awesome fall day at the park |
 |
| it really is so hard to stay sitting in the bathtub |
Snack time always calls for something in each hand, while walking around mom and dad's bedroom
 |
| this is one kitchen drawer full of things just for Ryan |
 |
| I love this squat pose! |
No comments:
Post a Comment